I look at my e-mail first thing this morning and what do I find?
I was awarded the Liebster Award once more! Yeah!
I was awarded the Liebster Award once more! Yeah!
Thanks so much to Stacy Sharpe of
for the nomination.
It's always great to know that people are reading and enjoying my little ol' blog!
So what is the Liebster award? This award is given to blogs with less than 200 followers, and there are certain criteria that much be met in order to continue sharing this award with other bloggers. Its sort of a fun chain letter that helps bloggers connect, discover new blogs and support one another because blogging is tough business.
For some quick and easy rules about the Liebster Blog Award, read below:
My 11 Random Facts
- I love hot chocolate; I drink hot chocolate like some people drink coffee.
- I listen to music all day long; in the morning with Micah, on my drink to and from work, while I work and do homework -- all the time.
- I have a serious addiction to cheesecake; I've considered going to Cheesecake Anonymous (if there's such a thing)
- I am completely addicted to Sims; i haven't played in a while but I still buy all the new versions.
- I have a short attention span when having a conversation; I stay on track but my eyes will wander very easily.
- About 8 years ago, I cut off all of my hair and went natural; haven't looked back since.
- I wanted to be an accountant, until I learned how boring the profession really is. (No offense to you accountants out there!)
- My facial reactions are my enemy; everyone can tell how I feel by looking at my face :)
- I have an aptitude for numbers. I can remember a series of numbers but forget your name in a heartbeat.
- I prefer to read the news than to watch the news. Don't ask me why...I don't know!
- I laugh a lot. People can spot me out a mile away but my contagious laughter.
Answers to Big Energy-Little Learners 11 Questions:1. What is the hardest part of being a mom?
Worrying whether or not he will turn out ok. I wonder whether or not all the things I do in raising him will help him to be a productive member of society.
2. What is your favorite memory?
Other than the moment I laid eyes on my son and every day since, I do have another favorite memory. I have a scar on my forehead from a funny accident between myself and my older cousin when I was much younger. We were jumping around on the bed (just looking for an accident, right?). I would fall onto the bed and run off before he fell onto the bed. At one point, either I didn't move or he didn't move in time because his tooth broke off on my forehead. I screamed bloody murder seeing the blood just pour out of my head and he was just in utmost shock that his tooth broke off on my forehead. Gory, yes, funny, yes, priceless, absolutely!
3. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
If I could suck it up and just get it done, I would get braces. My jaw is a bit shifted for some reason and my teeth are not all aligned. Therefore, my teeth grew in crooked in many places. I'd love to get my teeth straightened without having to wear braces for years!
4. Do you think blogging is therapeutic? Has it been for you?
Blogging is definitely therapeutic for me. I enjoy being able to share any- and every-thing about any- and every-thing. I thoroughly enjoy blogging...it has helped me to release years of pent-up frustration by engaging in an activity that I really enjoy.
5. What is your favorite blog to read? Why?
My favorite blog tends to change from month to month, post to post. Right now, I really enjoy reading every post from It's Always Sonny. It's just an honest, simple blog of the life of a stay-at-home mom and bride-to-be. She is fully dedicated to her family. It's really a great blog.
6. What do you do for 'mommy time' or as a stress reliever?
Mommy time? What's that? Ha ha! But, really, I blog as a stress reliever.
7. What is your favorite thing to do with your kids?
My favorite thing to do with my son is dance. We'll hear a song come on and he'll come running over, grab my hand, and pull me in front of the living room television. Then we dance and dance until the song is over. It's just a great bonding time with my son.
8. What is your favorite part of being a mom?
Watching my son grow older and wiser and more independent and feisty.
9. What do you do best?
Tell a story...I love telling stories about my life. I'm also very passionate about helping others in some way, shape or form.
10. What is your dream vacation?
An all-inclusive vacation to somewhere in the Caribbean where the only thing I have to worry about is when the next meal with be. I'll be lounging and spending valuable quality time with my son daily.
11. What is your favorite post on your blog? Why?
My favorite post on my blog is actually the most popular post on my blog, "Behind the Smile: The Untold Story". It is actually my favorite and worst post on my blog. There was a lot of raw emotion and release and growth in that post. I cried the majority of the time writing it. But once I got it all out, I felt a weight lifted off my shoulders like nothing else could.
Blogs I'm NominatingWhispers from a Working Mom
Adventures in Hickey Land
11 Questions for Nominated Blogs:
- What or who was your inspiration to start blogging?
- If you could had a Reset button or a time machine, what would you go back and redo?
- What is your favorite color? Why?
- What would be your advice for a newbie blogger?
- What do you want from your blog?
- What is the one technology gadget that you cannot live without? Why?
- What is your biggest accomplishment to date?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?
- What is your favorite show or movie? Why?
- What is your favorite month of the year?
- What is your most embarrassing moment?