I've never heard the words "Mama" and "nana" (Micah's word for food) so much in my life. I think I'm now in a love-hate relationship with both of these words.
As much as I love hearing Micah speak and expand his vocabulary, sometimes it can drive me just a little bit nuts. He'll wake me up in the middle of the night saying Nana...and he can say Mama till he's blue in the face and he has nothing to tell me. Ugh! That can really drive me nuts sometimes.
Micah doesn't overeat...he just eats numerous times throughout the day. He's very lean but tall for his age, so I'm guessing he needs all the food to help in his growth. He shakes his head when he doesn't want anymore and I know he's full. I'm still waiting for him
As an example, here's what he ate all day:
- A bowl of oatmeal for breakfast
- 1 banana about 20 minutes later
- 2 fruit cups about an hour later
- 2 bananas after he woke up from his nap
- 2 plates of food (rice and stew chicken) for lunch
- 1 banana about 30 minutes later
- 2 fruit cups about 1 1/2 hour later
- crackers and Cheerios throughout the day
- 1 plate of food (rice and stew chicken) for dinner
- 1 fruit cup after dinner
- At least 6 cups of water throughout the day
- 2 cups of juice during the day
And the day is not over yet... :)
It doesn't seem that bad when I put it like this, though. And Micah loves some fruit so it could be a lot worse. But just when I think he should be full, he starts up with asking for Nana once again. I never get a break!
And the worst part of it all...he causes me to snack with him. Even though it's fruit, I don't want to be eating this much. So I have to discipline myself to avoid eating with him.
The best part of it all...Micah can tell me when he's hungry and call me Mama. He knows and recognizes who I am and can speak on it too. He clearly knows when he wants and can refuse when he's full. He's growing from a toddler into a little man. Who can be mad at that? It's just a proud moment for me. So as much as I complain, I'm loving every minute of it!